Hiring Organization / Company: Exp
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
At EXP , we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees - their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity - and their innovative approach to work and to life.
EXP is currently searching for a Senior Mechanical Engineer 3 for our Miami, FL location.
- Prepare one-line diagrams.
- Prepare/ Review calculations for loads.
- Edit specifications to reflect the project requirements.
- Develop equipment room sizes during SD and DD phases.
- Select and schedule equipment.
- Meet with vendors to determine specification requirements for application.
- Coordinates with other disciplines (mepfp, arch, struct, etc).
- Respond to RFI’s for the project, and accurately review submittals.
- Solve installation problems.
- Apply risk management procedures daily to minimize exp’s and client’s exposure to problems.
- Understand work planning and manage design process to the available hours in work plan.
- Understand proper scope of SD, DD, CD level documents – and deliver appropriate documentation.
- Work with PC, PM, and Clients to meet scheduled project milestones of multiple projects.
- Manage and deliver revisions (ASI’s, etc) and sketches according to proper numbering convention.
- Edit and develop scope of work narratives (SD narrative, basis of design, etc).
- Understands specific engineering requirements for applications within a market sector.
- Understand and properly provide existing exp details relevant to projects.
- Be able to direct and mentor Designer level staff on all of their responsibilities on a daily basis.
- Perform at a ‘responsible charge’ level of meeting exp’s design and quality levels.
- QA/QC reviews of all calculations by designers, and provide guidance and mentoring.
- Determine content of drawings and specs for Designers in order to meet the scope of work.
- Develop and monitor work plans in conjunction with other PM'S.
- Review code related items with Designers, and ensure compliance.
- Manage work plans and deliverables on multiple projects within budgeted hours.
- Write studies and reports for systems on projects.
- Writes sequences of operations for AHU’s, CHW and HW systems.
- Understands and applies concepts of CHW, HW, WSHP, variable & constant flow systems.
- Air side systems- CV, VAV, coil selection, fan selection.
- Hydronic Systems-hot, chilled condenser, steam.
- Thorough understanding of psychometrics and be able to apply to every project.
- Advanced equipment selection and analysis – chillers, boilers, air terminals, cooling towers, air valves, hepa filters, DX equipment, and water source heat pumps.
- Thorough understanding of humid climate design risks.
- Thorough understanding of total energy concepts.
The Skills and Knowledge You Bring
- Candidate should have an engineering Bachelor's degree in the field of HVAC/Mechanical Engineering with 10+ years of building HVAC, plumbing and piping design experience.
- Experience in designing HVAC systems for gaming, hospitality, entertainment, healthcare or commercial projects.
- Be able to lead a team of designers or engineers.
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E).
- REVIT MEP and Auto CAD Proficiency highly desired.
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, EXP provides engineering, architecture, design and consulting services to the world’s built and natural environments.
Our heritage dates back to 1906, when the earliest of EXP’s predecessor companies started its engineering infrastructure practice. Today, over 3,000 creative EXP professionals across North America provide the passion and expertise needed to deliver successful projects around the world.
Our promise is to offer you a challenging career in a positive and dynamic work environment, and it is a promise we take seriously.
Join a dynamic team at EXP that provides you with innovative projects, the capacity to develop your career, a full range of benefits, flexible working hours, and much more! When you explore what EXP has to offer, you’ll find exponential possibilities.
For more information, visit www.exp.com .
Job Location Information:
City: Coral Gables
Location: Coral Gables, Fl
Date Posted: 2021-04-07
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about in search of Jobs, you are going to agree that it is one of the hardest jobs this present day. Most often, you’ll have no clue where or what to search for in the job market. The great factor is that you are not by yourself. There are several people in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a business center can be simple if the place to start out. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed below are pointers that will help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job companies are a fantastic and often overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms recurrently supply crucial coaching, assets, and techniques for task seekers. These corporations can also be particularly useful for young job seekers or those with little working revel in. A easy Internet scan for job firms on your areaought to uncover the place and the best way to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms choose to have their positions dispatched via temporal agencies. The top objective for that may be to economize on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise give corporations the way in which of screening applicants. Employment services can recurrently be a sooner and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise turn into into a long-lasting task for the people who carry out well throughout their running.
3. Free job look services and products
It is a waste of cash whilst cash is now tight in the first place. After all, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.