Hiring Organization / Company: Associa
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
This individual will supervise the operation, maintenance and servicing of the buildings including the HVAC system, carpentry, painting, main plumbing system, swimming pools, electrical, cosmetic details, and the maintenance and janitorial division. Responsible for all plant and mechanical equipment and the maintenance of all on-site mechanical operations.
- This individual must be hospitality driven, to excel in customer service, pleasant in the face of stress and problems. Always willing to assist the Board of Directors and Residents.
- Must possess great follow up skills, organizations skills, initiative, accountability, and dedication to delivering great results.
- Minimum 6 years leadership experience in a Luxury Condo or Hotel Environment as a Chief/Building Engineer.
- Must be willing to roll up sleeves with all maintenance tasks; Able to produce own reports, submit weekly PM and Manager's Reports, Work Orders, and be hands-on with project management duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish, implement, and maintain a workable preventative maintenance program to minimize costly failure and down time of building, grounds, and equipment.
- Daily inspection of all major equipment on the property.
- Conduct routine preventative maintenance on pumps, motors, boilers, emergency generator and machinery within the buildings.
- Program computer controls for air conditioning to the hallways and common areas. Take daily readings of the swimming pools and spas to ensure that the proper chemical balance of the water is maintained.
- Inspect and monitor the fire safety panels, security panels, and life safety equipment routinely.
- Must have a working knowledge of the trash compactors, landscape irrigation, electrical, general plumbing matters and elevator operations.
- If any equipment malfunctions, he/she must troubleshoot and determine what course of action should be taken to remedy the situation. This may at timesinclude working with key partners.
- Provide coordination and quality control of vendors and subcontractors services.
- Ensure that all building alterations and additions are in compliance with applicable building codes.
- Report and account for all completed work orders.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
This position will supervise a staff of approximately 5-10 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies, training programs, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
HOSPITALITY AND TRAINING:
- Ensuring brand standards are met with the objective of meeting or exceeding resident expectations, communicating follow-up actions to the team as necessary.
- Creating an environment in which all staff have the ability to reach their full potential.
- Ensuring that all staff and business decisions are in line with brand mission, values and guiding principles.
- Must have an eye for detail.
- Maintains a "familiarity" with hotel and resort operations standards.
- Demonstrated success in training and implementation of high standard customer service protocols.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering Degree Preferred
- Extraordinary on the job experience and Bachelors degree required.
- Minimum 6 years' experience in hotel and/or High Rise properties in engineering.
- Certifications in HVAC, OSHA, Plumbing, Electrical and Project Management.
- Read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals,newspapers, periodicals, journals, and manuals.
- Write routine reports, correspondence, business letters, summaries, and reports in English using prescribed format.
- Ability to speak effectively in English before groups such as customers or
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Company selected accounting and payroll systems.
- Company-issued internet browser and e-mail programs.
- Building Link or other property management system
While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- The employee must be able to see differences in widths and lengths of lines such as those on graphs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate well with others, effectively deal with residents, and accept constructive criticism from upper management.
- Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
Job Location Information:
City: Fort Lauderdale
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33304
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about in search of Jobs, you are going to agree that it is among the hardest jobs these days. Usually, you are going to haven’t any clue where or what to look for in the job market. The great thing is that you are not alone. There are a couple of people available in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a commercial center can also be simple if you recognize the place to start out. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed below are guidelines to help you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an improbable and regularly overpassed hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms frequently supply important training, belongings, and systems for job seekers. These corporations can also be particularly useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little operating enjoy. A simple Web scan for job firms on your areashould uncover where and how you can get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies select to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal agencies. The end goal for that is to economize on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise supply companies the way of screening applicants. Employment services can recurrently be a quicker and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise turn into into a long lasting job for the individuals who perform smartly right through their running.
3. Free job look services and products
This can be a waste of money while money is now tight within the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.