Hiring Organization / Company: Kohner Properties Inc
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
JOB BRIEF: The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of the community. This involves ensuring a safe, secure, and comfortable living environment for residents, visitors and staff. The Maintenance Technician will carry out assigned duties in a safe manner and other duties as requested by the Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Conduct all business in accordance with Company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g., EPA, OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.
- Must be knowledgeable of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing proper storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics and refrigerants.
- Constantly observes the condition of apartment property throughout the community and immediately reports to Manager any vandalism, property damage, suspicious activity, and unsafe conditions; e.g., broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights, and initiates action to correct if possible.
- Schedules and performs routine preventive maintenance on all appropriate equipment as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor or Manager. Maintains all personal and company tools in excellent condition.
- Maintains awareness of proper safety precautions at all times.
- Documents all work performed on daily basis according to company work order policy.
- Diagnoses and performs minor and routine maintenance/repair, as directed, involving the following on a daily basis:
- Electrical and plumbing (including water lines and hot water heaters)
- A/C and heating systems
- Appliances (when applicable)
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings
- Tile, carpet, flooring
- Masonry, siding, roofing, downspouts, gutters
- Interior/exterior lights, ceiling fans
- Gas lines, fixtures and appliances (where applicable)
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors
- Boiler, gas and electric
- Door locks, P.O. boxes and locks
- Security systems (where applicable)
- Drywall, plaster & paint as necessary
- Pool areas, tile, pool furniture (where applicable)
- Major duct work to furnaces or A/C bonnets
- Minor sheet metal work & metal duct work repairs
- Hanging interior/exterior doors
- Change locks, re-key, and make keys
- Inspects, performs and helps coordinate all needed make-ready repairs and services to meet deadlines according to Company checklists.
- Reports all major repairs and need requisitions to Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor prior to any expenditure of funds.
- Performs work area clean-up and safety related duties.
- Removes and transfers heavy appliances and equipment from storage area to apartment (or vice versa) according to safety guidelines.
- Assists in moving abandoned furniture, appliances, etc., to dumpster when necessary.
- Insures that maintenance shops and storage areas remain locked & all equipment is secured when not in use.
- Must be knowledgeable of inventory level of spare parts and supplies and inform Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor of shortages.
- Assists in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. Rakes, sweeps, shovels as circumstances warrant.
- Be aware of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts.
- Required to report for emergency snow removal.
- Performs any additional duties as assigned.
Scheduling/On Call Requirements:
Required to be available for after hour emergency calls on a rotating on-call basis. Also required to report for snow removal. During times of emergencies, heavy work-loads or other company needs, there will be times when overtime is required.. Requirements:
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Current Auto Liability Insurance
- EPA Certification, or working towards certification in HVAC
- Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to utilize personal transportation to pick up replacement parts and supplies from vendors, and carry supplies, refuse to various locations within the property. Rotating on call status requires expedient travel to assigned property at moment’s notice.
- Must have valid driver’s license, dependable transportation, and automobile insurance.
- Required to wear back support belt as needed and steel-toed shoes.
- Wear goggles when working with specific equipment.
- Wear masks and gloves and other safety equipment as tasks dictate.
- Vehicle equipped for hauling miscellaneous maintenance materials is required.
- An employee in this position must own the following hand tools and be knowledgeable and
skilled in their safe use and maintenance:
screw driver set
12” wrecking bar
mini blade hack saw
electric or cordless drill
set of drill bits
set of paddle wood bits
set of steel bits
hex key set
nut driver set
drywall taping knife
24 inch level
(6” & 8”)
(6” & 10”)
8” long nose pliers
8” slip joint pliers
insulated screw driver set
multi electric tester,
(110 & 220)
copper tubing cutter
needle nose pliers
claw hammer or ripping
wood chisels (1/2, ¾, & 1
8 inch bastard file
set of spade bits
seat removal tool
razor blade scrapper
diagonal cutting pliers
small crow bar
hand plane or power planer
2 1/8 hole saw
arbor for hole saw
tubing cutter ¼ to 1 5/8
mini tubing cutter ¼ to 1 1/8
Additionally, an employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of cleaning fluids and tools, including mop, broom, vacuum cleaner, carpet cleaning equipment, buffer, hand truck, and wheelbarrow.
Job Location Information:
City: St. Louis
Location: St. Louis, Mo 63129
Date Posted: 2021-04-08
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about in search of Jobs, you are going to agree that it is likely one of the toughest jobs at the present time. Typically, you’re going to don’t have any clue where or what to look for within the job market. The good thing is that you’re not alone. There are a few people in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center may also be simple if you know where to begin. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed below are guidelines to help you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an improbable and usually overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms commonly provide important training, property, and systems for task seekers. These corporations can be specifically useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little running revel in. A easy Web test for job firms for your areashould uncover where and find out how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations select to have their positions dispatched through temporal companies. The top function for that may be to save cash on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise supply firms the best way of screening candidates. Employment services and products can recurrently be a sooner and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise change into into a long lasting process for the individuals who perform neatly right through their running.
3. Free job look services and products
It is a waste of cash when cash is now tight within the first place. After all, the money you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It’s smarter to use the cash to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.