Hiring Organization / Company: Asurion
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
- $5,000 Sign on Bonus after 90 Days of Employment
- Company Provided Van
- Annual Company Bonus (Up to 5%)
- Hours: Must be flexible to anywhere between Monday – Sunday 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (some overtime on weekends when applicable; Minimum 5 days/week, shift provided after Training)
This is the perfect role for any appliance and/or HVAC service repair expert ready to grow their appliance repair skills with provided training and support! Our Appliance Repair Technicians are the face of Asurion and heroes to our customers with broken TVs and appliances! While we love technology, we love people more! The Appliance Repair Technician makes consumer TV and appliance repair easy and convenient for our customers. Our Appliance Repair Technicians travel in a fully equipped Mobile Repair Unit (Van) and provide on-site diagnosis and repair. Our Technicians upsell our customers on additional Asurion products to allow our customers to stay connected with our products and services. This is a full-time position. Repair technicians must be available to work Monday-Sunday, from 7 am – 6 pm. Shifts will vary within that time frame. Overtime is available in some cases.
What You Will Do
- Travels to meet with customers in their homes or places of business.
- Meet key performance metrics.
- Connect with customers to determine the nature of problems or to explain repairs.
- Sell product solutions that meet customer needs
- Meet or exceed key performance indicator metrics for performance and sales goals.
- Provide repair and replacement estimates to customers.
- Masterfully repair washer and dryers, gas and electric stoves, microwave ovens, and dishwashers in customers’ homes.
- Disassemble equipment and repair defective components using hand tools.
- Maintain truck stock inventory within the prescribed company guidelines and standards.
- Ensure that all repairs meet or exceed quality standards.
- Complete all required technician training and proactively seek to remain a knowledgeable expert in the repair industry. Comfortable with travel to and from the Stocking Location (up to 60 miles) and several customers’ locations throughout a designated region.
- Drive company vehicle safely and responsibly to and from customer locations in a variety of situations including heavy traffic and inclement weather.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If you’re a good fit for the job, you’ll be able to:
- Candidate must have extensive knowledge in HVAC and/or appliance repair.
- Ready to build a career in appliance repair.
- Willing to train and receive proper certifications to effectively troubleshoot and repair technology.
- Offer customers a value-added experience with premier customer service through relationship and rapport building.
- Quickly identify and resolve technical issues.
- Demonstrate empathy and assurance for the customer throughout the in-person session.
- Utilize tools and resources to solve technical problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to proactively adapt communication to the customers’ technical skill level.
- 1+ years of prior experience in HVAC or appliance service repair.
- EPA certification a plus
- High school diploma required.
- Must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record with at least 1 year of driving experience.
- Able to drive your own vehicle to and from the Forward Stocking Location up to 60 miles.
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time (up to 2 hours).
- Able to interact with a customer’s technology throughout their home.
- Able to interact face-to-face with Customers in their homes for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Comfortable with exposure to dogs, cats and other pets that may be present in the customers’ homes.
We Take Care of You
- Career Growth –Formal training programs for those looking to add to their industry knowledge (including getting EPA certification)
- Competitive and incentive-based pay (Up to 5% Annual Bonus)
- Advanced training to grow your repair skills specific to appliance repair.
- Benefits including health, dental, and vision.
- Retirement Savings Plan (401k with employer match)
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Techline support for advanced troubleshooting care
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $27.00 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Job Location Information:
City: Kansas City
Location: Kansas City, Mo 64114
Date Posted: 2021-04-07
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about in search of Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is among the hardest jobs at the present time. Normally, you will don’t have any clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The great factor is that you are not on your own. There are several other people available in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a commercial center will also be simple if you know the place to start. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed below are pointers that will help you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are an improbable and often lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms often supply very important coaching, property, and techniques for process seekers. These corporations will also be in particular useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little operating experience. A simple Web scan for job firms for your areamust discover where and how one can get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations choose to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal agencies. The top goal for that may be to save money on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise give firms the way in which of screening candidates. Employment services can frequently be a quicker and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise change into into a long-lasting task for the people who perform well all through their working.
3. Free job look products and services
It is a waste of money while money is now tight in the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job searching sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.